Saturday, June 28, 2008

Inspiration gone backwards

Usually when I buy jewelry components I buy them for a specific polymer clay focal that I've already made. However, lately I find myself buying a lot of vintage glass beads and vintage metal components with absolutely no plan for how I'm going to use them. This is really out of character for me as I am certainly a planner-type of gal.
So I find myself with these three little boxes full of treasures and no idea what I'm going to do with them. Well, I know I will make some jewelry of course. :) I've decided to let the little vintage treasures inspire the polymer clay which is totally backwards of how I normally work. I have two new pieces so far from this new way of working and I've decided to start a whole new collection inspired by my three little boxes. I'm calling it the Elemental Charms collection. I'm super excited about it because now I have a great excuse to buy even more treasures.

No comments: